A list of my most memorable things watched in 2015! I’ve missed a ton (I average a movie a day if not more but I forgot to keep adding to this as I watched things so… it is what it is. There are not reviews for everything unfortunately since there is just too many! And I’ve missed a hundred or so in just plain forgetting to add to the list during the year. Enjoy anyways!
1. Ask Me Anything – This was good. Definitely weird, but I enjoyed it as I knew nothing about it before I started it.
2. Wild (2014) – So good. This actually really inspired to do want to do a sort of lone hike like this, despite some of the awful things that happen, but because it’s like a nice reset on your brain. After I did Bonnaroo in 2014 I felt weird when I came home, like I had learned to live a whole new way. I don’t think I could ever do a 1,000 mile hike, but hell, we’ll have to see what happens.
3. Gone Girl – I saw this in the theater last year but wanted to watch it again. Honestly I wish I could erase my memory of ever watching it and watch it for the first time again because it’s so well crafted and mind blowing! Love that! Very impressively written. (I didn’t read the book though… oh well.)
4. The Outsiders (1983) – Never seen it and since I was reading Rob Lowe’s first book figured it was worth a watch. I didn’t really care for it. I could see all the adr they did and it was just very messy. Couldn’t get into it.
5. Jupiter Ascending – You can read my review on it here: http://veganfuckyeah.com/2015/02/jupiter-ascending-was-good/
6. 12 O’Clock Boys – Since I got a motorcycle recently I’ve been trying to learn more about them and the culture. Granted this is a much more extreme different situation than I’ll find myself in, but it’s interesting. This was definitely more about issues in Baltimore than bikes though. I had serious problems that the kid in it that they follow was so into becoming one of them and didn’t really realize what he was actually working towards getting into. Very sad.
7. 50 Shades of Grey – Come on. I had to… opening night… But it wasn’t worth it. I didn’t care for the movie. I really wanted to like it, I did, it was just SO BAD.
8. Faster (2003) – Another of the motorcycle series I’m watching. This was really fascinating! Absolutely amazing what people are willing to do to win a race and actually very surprising that only 1 person since the 60’s has died. Almost proof that Motorcycles are safer than cars because there has been way more deaths in NASCAR and the sort. Kind of shocking. I really liked this, definitely recommend it.
9. Fastest (2011) – Nice follow up to Faster. Really enjoyed this as well, but I think I like Faster better.
10. What We Do In The Shadows (2015) – Absolutely amazing. A perfect Mockumentary. I don’t want to say too much about this because it will just spoil it. I can’t even believe how good it was. I want to make movies like this!
11. Plant Pure Nation – great info.
12. Magic Mike XXL – SO GOOD.
13. HUMAN Volume 1 – Available free on Youtube! I highly urge you to watch any of the 3 volumes. They will change you, they will move you, they will make you think differently.
14. Human Volume 2 – great.
15. Human Volume 3 – wonderful.
16. Billions In Change – This will also change you if you have a heart. I love what this billionaire is doing. It’s something I’ve dreamt of doing my whole life. It makes me so happy that there is someone out there with that kind of money giving 99% of it away to help others. Such an amazing person.
17. We the Tiny House People – I can’t wait to get my own tiny house…
18. Trainwreck – Amy Schumer nails it. 10 thumbs up.
19. We Are Your Friends – Highly underrated. For me and my boyfriend, this one was a life changer. I love the message in this and wish it had come out when I was a teenager and was looking for something exactly like this to guide me.
20. The Martian – It was good and interesting but too unbelievable for me. I dunno.
21. Southpaw – So good, can’t believe how long this was shopped around for before it finally got made.
22. The End of the Tour – Heartwrenching and uncomfortable.
23. Sicario – Brilliant. Intense. Amazing Cinematography. Shocking. Not a movie I’d typically be interested in but I thought it was so well done and so interesting.
24. Brand: A Second Coming – I’ve always loved Russell Brand and this made me like him more. Inspiring.
25. Everest (2015) – Good. Liked it. Sad.
26. Chappie – Adore this. If you know me, you know I’m a Die Hard Die Antwoord fan. Fok yeah!
27. Fast and Furious 7 – Saw this for my birthday. Heart wrenching and amazingly executed. Such a great addition to the series. R.I.P.
28. It Follows – Best Horror that’s come out in a while. Really turned things on their head and so simple. Loved it.
29. Your Sister’s Sister – Great slice of life.
30. Mad Max Fury Road – Perfect Action Movie from start to finish. Other movies with that kind of budget have seriously been slacking on the writing if it can be this good and this action packed and different the whole way through.
31. Dope (2015)– Had no idea what to expect from this . Thoroughly enjoyed it.
32. The Boy Next Door – Ugh. Also surprised how much naked J Lo we got. So bizarre.
33. The Longest Ride – I liked it. Started awful then it got really good. Also loved the perfect ending. (you gotta know what you’re getting into).
34. Harmontown – I liked the movie but I don’t think I like Dan Harmon. I’m sure he doesn’t care what I think anyways. ha ha
35. The Overnight – So weird.
36. Just Eat It: A food waste story – Good. We even went dumpster diving after this and found food. So crazy. It was way harder for us though, most of the dumpsters in LA are locked up!
37. We Are The Best! (swedish 2013) – Perfect punk rock movie for girls. This 100% summed up how I felt as a teenager. I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!
38. The Lucky One (2012) – Rewatched – Zac Efron. Hot Hot hot. Weird how big Taylor Schilling is now and when this came out I was like who is this lady? She’s so good though.
39. 17 Again – Zac Efron marathon.
40. That Awkward Moment – The marathon continues… I really like this one.
41. San Andreas – Enjoyed but probably wouldnt watch a second time.
42. Ex Machina – SOoo good. Can you tell I like movies??
43 The Spectacular Now – Good
44. The Fault In Their Stars – I cried, then made Brandon watch it too.
45. The Lifeguard (2013) – Okay. Weird.
46. Singles (1992) – My neighbor told me to watch this. I skipped some bits, some of it was great, some boring, ended so strangely.
47. The Flamingo Kid (1984) – Also from my neighbor. I think she has a thing for a young Matt Dillon. 🙂
48. Weekender (2011) -eh
49. Man Up (2015) – So cute. Very funny. Loved it.
50. She’s Funny That Way – Funny concept, a little strange but okay.
51. Paper Towns – This is what happens when you go backwards in people’s work. Not nearly as good as The Fault in Their Stars. I liked parts a lot and some I hated. Mixed feelings.
52. The Best Of Me – Ugh. This was a frustrating Nicholas Sparks one…
53. Life According to Sam – A tough one to get through but oh so good. If humans only worked together more, it would be amazing to see what we could achieve.
54. Krampus (2015) – Great. Loved the ending.
55. Miss You Already (2015) – The movie was amazing. I cried so much. So touching. Beautifully done. And bonus, I met Catherine Hardwicke at the screening. I died inside…
56. The Perfect Guy (2015) – Meh. Far too predictable and completely unoriginal. We have seen this story a million times.
57. Tiny Furniture – So damn good.
58. Tangerine (2015) – cool to see my neighboorhood in a movie. liked some of the new stuff they achieved with shooting, wish they had pushed it more.
59. Deep Web (2015) – thought it was boring.
60. No Escape (2015) – So much better than I thought it was going to be and also had no idea what it was about before watching it. Very pleasantly surprised. One of the best scenes ever in it. Terrifying.
61. Meru (2015) – So good. Definitely recommend. Gets a little slow in the middle.
62. Mistress America (2015) – Something about this just really didst jive with me. Didn’t feel sincere. Something seemed off.
63. The Green Inferno – My kind of movie! Thought the cannibalism was very well handled. Not as disgusting as I was anticipating it to be, very pleased.
64. Knock Knock (2015) – Good, Keanu Reeves sounds too much like an old man though, that was just so distracting. Weird movie. I would have preferred a more surprising ending though.
65. The Intern (2015) – I enjoyed it. Wished the ending had been better though. Love the feel of a Nancy Myers movie. So heartwarming.
66. LA Slasher – meh. Liked what the LA slasher looked like though.
67. Carol (2015) – I enjoyed it. Very well done and shot. Acting was great. I just thought the end wasn’t enough. I have issues with endings.. what can I say.
68. The Girl in the Book (2015) – Skipped through a bunch of it. Didn’t care for it.
69. The Big Short (2015) – Amazingly eye opening. Can’t even believe it! You need to see this!
70. Brooklyn (2015) – Eh. I was disappointed that not much ended up happening. I kind of felt like “yeah, okay, so?” afterwards.
71. Bad Roomies – Ugh. Moved way too slow. Too many slow moments of no talking dragging it down. Felt like it was made by someone who has seen movies, but doesn’t understand how to edit them. Then it took a ridiculously stupid turn.
72. Jackie and Ryan (2014) – eh, got boring.
73. Scout’s Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse (2015) – Started off good, then the scout stuff came in and it got boring.
74. American Ultra (2015) – Okay. Weird, thin storyline though. Kinda how I thought it was going to be.
75. Creed (2015) – Ugh. After seeing Southpaw this year, this movie just sucked. So slow and didn’t make enough sense as to why he would fight. Stupid. So disappointing.
76. Steve Jobs (2015) – There’s just too many Steve Jobs movies. I don’t know how much I buy into this one. It was alright but didn’t seem accurate, seemed biased in Steve’s favor.
77. Ronaldo (2015) – Interesting. Thought there might be more of a conflict, but interesting story about Christian Ronaldo.
78. The Danish Girl (2015) – Eddie’s characters acting seemed a bit over acted to me.
79. Spectre (2015) – Slow. Formulaic. Uninspired. Disappointing.
80. Finders Keepers (2015) – Okay, weird.
81. The Ridiculous 6 (2015) – Ugh. Awful. I can’t believe how many “names” are in this piece of crap.
82. Pixels (2015) – This was okay. Weird and super gross with the qbert babies but pretty much what I expected. The end credits though, were absolutely incredible. Better than the movie!
83. A Walk In The Woods (2015) – Started off great, then Nick Nolte showed up and ruined it. ugh. A lot of weird sets, seems like it was made very cheap. I feel like it had such potential but got so lame so fast.
84. Irrational Man (2015) – I’m still waiting for Woody Allen to make something as shocking as it was when I watched Match Point way back when. His movies aren’t really bad, they’re more just blah.There was so much blah build up in this one and then it was so emotionally detached, that it was like if they don’t really care, why should I? I also wasn’t surprised at all, I felt like, get to it already.
85. Burnt (2015) – Man the trailer they made for this did it such a disservice. I would have seen it in the theater if I knew this was actually how the movie was going to go. Much better than I had anticipated!
86. Home Alone – Watched Christmas eve.
87. The Holiday – Christmas marathon
88. Love Actually – Christmas Marathon
89. Christmas with the Kranks – Christmas Marathon.
90. Just Friends – Christmas Marathon, yes I consider this one a Christmas movie…
1,090 total views, no views today